The Pastor Nominating Committee (PNC) of Oxford Presbyterian Church is proud to present the Rev. Scott Szabo as our candidate for the position of installed pastor of the congregation. A meeting of the Congregation and the Corporation of Oxford Presbyterian Church has been called by the Session to be held in the Sanctuary on Sunday, April 28, 2019, at approximately 12:00 p.m., immediately following the 11:00 a.m. joint worship service during which the candidate will be preaching.
The purposes for the meeting will be:
- To receive the report of the Pastor Nominating Committee
- To approve the call to a new Solo Pastor, the Rev. Scott Szabo
- Shiloh Presbyterian Community Outreach Center (COC) is available to rent for birthday and anniversary parties, showers, receptions, meetings, etc. Catering services are also offered. Proceeds received from rentals will be applied to the COC mortgage—watch the thermometer rise! Leave a message at the SPC Office, 610-932-9256.
- Easter Flower Order Forms are available in the Narthex and in the Church Office. These flowers will be the chancel flowers on Easter Sunday.
- Ware Village Shuttle now available for residents to attend worship services during construction of the multi-modal transportation center/garage. At the conclusion of the service, please proceed to the shuttle stop for transport back to Ware.
- Coffee Hour Hosts – If you’d like to be host for coffee hour, please contact Ila Barlow.
- Calling all bakers – We need batches of cookies to be kept in the freezer for coffee hour. If you’d like to help out, bring your pastry confections to church, mark the package for “Coffee Hour,” and pop them in the freezer. Thanks.
- Ring the Bell – It’s been a tradition at OPC to ring our church bell at 10:45 every Sunday morning. And traditionally we’ve asked our younger folk to do the ringing. However, 10:45 falls during KOK practice. So, if you feel inclined to have a go at ringing the bell, we welcome you to do it. All you need to do is arrive at 10:45 and pull the rope 11 times. We think there are some adults out there that have just been dying to pull the bell rope!
- Fair Trade Coffee/Tea/Chocolate will be on sale the 2nd Sunday of each month at both Coffee Hours.
- Volunteer Opportunity with LCH: Helping Our Community with Rides. If you can give someone a ride, contact Linda Conzentino (email@example.com 610-696-4900 X114) for more details.
- “Least of These” food/non-essential items donations: Donations Accepted for the Lighthouse Youth Center for the month of April. Collections may go into the wagon downstairs or the basket in the narthex. See Buzz Tyson’s list of needed items on the Mission Table upstairs. Thank you.
- HELP WANTED – VAN DRIVER Family Promise is in search of a van driver to drive the families who we serve back and forth to the congregations. Morning drive leaves the congregation at 6:00 A.M. Afternoon drive leaves the Resource Center at 6:00 P.M. Schedule is coordinated with (2) other drivers, and is Sunday night – Sunday morning, once every (3) weeks. Salary is $11.00/hour, along with the many, many blessings of serving others. Contact: Sue Minarchi, Executive Director, at 610-444-0400.
- Outreach Meeting April 14 at 12:00 in the Library. New members welcome.
- Hosts Needed: Sign up to host a Community Meal The 2019 calendar is posted downstairs by the church office. Community Meals are the Fourth Sunday of each month, 5:30-7:00 PM. We need families, groups, committees, Sunday School classes, etc. to sign up to host. All the help you need is available. Call Beverly Hartgrove with questions.
- Community Meal Update -Next Community Meal, April 28, 5:30-7:00 PM.
- NEW VBS THEME: To Mars and Beyond! June 23-27 … Stay tuned for details.
- Redner’s Receipts – We are still collecting receipts from Redner’s Markets. We participate in Redner’s “Sav-A-Tape” program, which donates 1% of the amount of the receipt to our Youth Group program. You need to use your Redner’s Rewards Card to generate the “Sav-A-Tape” notation on your receipt, which must be on the receipt for us to receive the donation. Bring in your receipts and place in the red box on the shelf above the mailboxes in the lobby outside the office. If you have any questions, you can talk to Jean McCauley, our Sav-A-Tape coordinator, or the office.
- Staying Connected – Don’t forget to let the Deacons know of any address changes so that we can “Stay Connected.”
- GRAB YOUR GLOVES AND ROUND UP YOUR FAVORITE YARD WORK TOOLS FOR SOME FUN ON SATURDAY, APRIL 13, STARTING AT 8:00 A.M. MISTers will be tidying up the flower beds around the church entrance and would like to invite any and all to help. OF COURSE, WE WILL HAVE SOME COFFEE AND BREAKFAST MUNCHIES.
- Relay for Life of Southern Chester County at Oxford is holding a Beef & Beer Fundraiser on Saturday, April 20th from 4 – 10 P.M. at the Eagles Club located at 410 South St, Oxford! Tickets are $15.00 and can be credited to your Relay Team. Food will be available from 4 – 9 P.M., and we’ll have live music by Macho Pop from 6 – 10 P.M. Take Out is Available. Food included: Beef sandwiches, chips, macaroni salad, and homemade desserts. Drinks will be available for purchase. Please contact Barbara Boyle for more details or tickets. (484-667-2022 or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- S.A.I.L. APRIL ACTIVITY – Saturday, 4/13/19 – Wayvine Winery, Wine Tasting – Meet at 1 P.M. 4374 Forge Rd., Nottingham, PA 19362. I will bring cheese and crackers. Please let me know if coming. Cost of wine tasting is $10 to taste 6 wines: 3 white and 3 red. If you prefer just whites OR reds, then cost is: $6. Open to suggestions. Any questions or concerns, please call, text or email Carol Latsch, S.A.I.L. Coordinator at email@example.com / 484-686-7735.
- Registration Forms are in the Office! – Presbyterian Women Spring Gathering “Our Spirit’s Song ~ Our Music ~ Our Faith” – May 18, 2019 at 9:30 A.M. Join us at Covenant Presbyterian Church, Malvern, PA for a presentation by The Rev. Patty Stoltzfus where she will take us on a musical journey that the followers of Christ have taken over centuries. We will weave together Scripture and historical tidbits, along with our own song and prayer. Registration Fee is $8 and lunch is $7. Also, at this meeting, Lorraine Holton will be installed as the next moderator of Presbyterian Women in the Presbytery of Donegal. Come show your support for her.
- Matters of the Heart is an adoption discussion group for all members of the adoption triad. Matters of the Heart seeks to provide a safe compassionate place for adoptees, adoptive parents and birthparents to come together and share their feelings and concerns. For more information, contact the church office at 610-998-0282.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry – Calling all knitters! Learn how to knit Prayer Squares. We seem to need more and more each Sunday. Join us on Tuesdays from 12 to 2 p.m. in the 2nd floor Bride’s Parlor.