- Shiloh Presbyterian Community Outreach Center (COC) is available to rent for birthday and anniversary parties, showers, receptions, meetings, etc. Catering services are also offered. Proceeds received from rentals will be applied to the COC mortgage—watch the thermometer rise! Leave a message at the SPC Office, 610-932-9256.
- Please join us for the Oxford area National Day of Prayer Thursday, May 4th 7:00 p.m Lighthouse Youth Center 245 Commerce St, Oxford, PA
- Coffee Hour Hosts – If you’d like to be host for coffee hour, please contact Ila Barlow.
- Calling all bakers – We need batches of cookies to be kept in the freezer for coffee hour. If you’d like to help out, bring your pastry confections to church, mark the package for “Coffee Hour,” and pop them in the freezer. Thanks.
- Hosts Needed: Sign up to host a Community Meal The 2017 calendar is posted downstairs by the church office. Community Meals are the Fourth Sunday of each month, 5:30-7:00 PM. We need families, groups, committees, Sunday School classes, etc. to sign up to host. All the help you need is available. Call Teresa Verkamp with questions.
- Community Meal Update -Thanks to all who have signed up to host. We still have September and November left to fill up 2017 calendar.
- Relay for Life – OPC is excited to be sponsoring a team this year in the newly named Relay for Life of Southern Chester County at Oxford. This family friendly fundraising event will start on June 16, 2017 at 5 p.m. and run through Noon on June 17 at the Oxford Area Football Stadium (301 S. 5th Street, Oxford). There are many opportunities to be involved with our team this year to celebrate those who have won their battle against cancer, support those still in the battle, remember those no longer with us, and fight back against this disease that robs so many of so much. For more information contact Barbara Boyle at 484-667-2022 or email@example.com (or visit our event at www.relayforlife.org/paoxford)
- Mark your Calendars – Vacation Bible School – July 16-20.
- TeamEffort Summer Mission Trip to Southeast Virginia, June 18-24, 2017.
- Redner’s Receipts – We are still collecting receipts from Redner’s Markets. We participate in Redner’s “Sav-A-Tape” program, which donates 1% of the amount of the receipt to our Youth Group program. You need to use your Redner’s Rewards Card to generate the “Sav-A-Tape” notation on your receipt, which must be on the receipt for us to receive the donation. Bring in your receipts and place in the red box on the shelf above the mailboxes in the lobby outside the office. If you have any questions, you can talk to Jean McCauley, our Sav-A-Tape coordinator, or the office.
- Community Meal- Sunday- May 28, 5:30 PM in Fellowship Hall. Free meal, Everyone Welcome!
- Pitch Hit & Run – The Oxford Area Recreational Authority is holding its first annual MLB/Scotts Pitch Hit and Run on 4/29/17 at the Shelton Field and Park at 900 Locust St. in Oxford. It’s free and open to boys and girls ages 7-14. See the poster on the Community Bulletin Board in the first floor hallway for further information.
- Prayer Shawl Ministry – Calling all knitters! Learn how to knit Prayer Squares. We seem to need more and more each Sunday. Join us on Tuesdays from 12 to 2 p.m. in the 2nd floor Bride’s Parlor.
- New Member Class begins April 2 and ends May 7. There is no class on Easter Sunday. Call the office if you are interested in becoming a member of Oxford Presbyterian Church.
- NOTE DATE CORRECTION: The Oxford Area Senior Center, 12 East Locust Street, is hosting its annual “Spring Breakfast” on Friday, May 12h from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. We will offer scrambled eggs, pancakes, sausage, bacon, dried beef gravy, juice and coffee or tea. All you can eat for $7.00.