Summer Worship is One Service at 9:30 A.M. now thru August.
- Shiloh Presbyterian Community Outreach Center (COC) is available to rent for birthday and anniversary parties, showers, receptions, meetings, etc. Catering services are also offered. Proceeds received from rentals will be applied to the COC mortgage—watch the thermometer rise! Leave a message at the SPC Office, 610-932-9256.
- Coffee Hour Hosts – If you’d like to be host for coffee hour, please contact Ila Barlow.
- Calling all bakers – We need batches of cookies to be kept in the freezer for coffee hour. If you’d like to help out, bring your pastry confections to church, mark the package for “Coffee Hour,” and pop them in the freezer. Thanks.
- Hosts Needed: Sign up to host a Community Meal The 2017 calendar is posted downstairs by the church office. Community Meals are the Fourth Sunday of each month, 5:30-7:00 PM. We need families, groups, committees, Sunday School classes, etc. to sign up to host. All the help you need is available. Call Teresa Verkamp with questions.
- Community Meal Update -Thanks to all who have signed up to host. We still have November left to fill up 2017 calendar.
- There will be a meeting of VBS volunteers on June 27 in the Library/Conf. Room at 6:55 P.M.We’re Expanding our Sunday Classes! Teachers and helpers needed for next school year! Grade 1 teacher and helper and Grades 2-3 helper.
Camp Donegal – If you would like to spend a week this summer growing in confidence, maturing in your faith, developing life-long friends, learning to express yourself, and gaining personal skills Camp Donegal is the place to go. More information is available in the church office or go online at campdonegal.org.
- Down on the Farm VBS – More farm hands needed! See sign-up board in the Parlor.
- Mark your Calendars – Vacation Bible School – July 16-20 5:30-7:30 PM.
- Mission Trip Prayer Partners – Again we want to support our mission team with prayer partners who will pray for them each day and fix them a “goody bag” to take on the trip. Contact Eryn in the church office if you’d like to be a prayer warrior for the team.
- Miles for Mission – Envelopes are available in the Narthex to supplement the travel expenses for our mission team. Check out the progress charts in each stairwell.
- TeamEffort Summer Mission Trip to Southeast Virginia, June 18-24, 2017.
- Redner’s Receipts – We are still collecting receipts from Redner’s Markets. We participate in Redner’s “Sav-A-Tape” program, which donates 1% of the amount of the receipt to our Youth Group program. You need to use your Redner’s Rewards Card to generate the “Sav-A-Tape” notation on your receipt, which must be on the receipt for us to receive the donation. Bring in your receipts and place in the red box on the shelf above the mailboxes in the lobby outside the office. If you have any questions, you can talk to Jean McCauley, our Sav-A-Tape coordinator, or the office.
- Community Breakfast for Men and Boys, June 24th, 8:30 a.m. at Union Presbyterian Church, 5637 Street Rd, Kirkwood PA 17536. The program is Moments of Faith and Sports by Chris Lenhart. Doors open at 8 a.m., Free will offering. RSVP by June 18 to 717-529-2065.
- Friends Folk Club at Oxford Friends Meeting House – The Sin City Band – June 24 at 7:30 p.m. $15, children 12 and under are free. The Friends Folk Club is an all-volunteer, community-run concert series. Proceeds benefit the Oxford Friends Meeting.
- Next NOMADS – Join us on July 15th at 5:00 p.m. at the Ware Presbyterian Home Mansion hosted by Kay Skinner and Carolyn Gandin. Please sign up on the sheet in the office for various items listed as soon as possible.
- Matters of the Heart is an adoption discussion group for all members of the adoption triad. Matters of the Heart seeks to provide a safe compassionate place for adoptees, adoptive parents and birthparents to come together and share their feelings and concerns. For more information, contact the church office at 610-998-0282.
- Community Meal- Sunday- June 25, 5:30 PM in Fellowship Hall. Free meal, Everyone Welcome!
- Prayer Shawl Ministry – Calling all knitters! Learn how to knit Prayer Squares. We seem to need more and more each Sunday. Join us on Tuesdays from 12 to 2 p.m. in the 2nd floor Bride’s Parlor.