- Coffee Hour Hosts – If you’d like to be host for coffee hour, please contact Ed Jefferis.
- Join the Choir! Rehearsals are on Wednesdays – 6:30pm for Bell Choir and 7:30pm for Chancel choir. The only thing you need to be able to join is a love of music! Anyone interested should reach out to Pete Slauch or Julie Allport.
- Special thanks to Lisa Koza who organized Christmas Food Boxes. We made 146 boxes total when we add in extra for OPC and Shiloh folks. The support from the community and OPC was amazing!
- The Sock Underwear Tree had plenty of donations to include toys and clothes too. 4 BIG BAGS were received gladly by Neighborhood Services Center. Special thanks to OPC preschool. Our church is a generous church with their time and money.
Lighthouse Youth Center needs volunteers.
- There will be no Youth Group in February.
- Sunday School teachers needed for the Winter session (now through February) and the Spring session (March – May). Please see Janet Hudler if you are interested in volunteering.
- Sunday School is held 9:30am-10:15am every Sunday throughout the school year. Any kids pre-school to grade 6 are welcome in our youth classes! A women’s class is also available at this time.
- Our Nursery is open again! Our nursery is now open and available during Sunday school and our worship services.
- Youth Group is structured differently this year! Junior High students (grades 7-8) meet the first Sunday of every month at 6:30pm, and Senior High students (grades 9-12) meet the third Sunday of every month at 6:30pm. All are welcome!
- Redner’s Receipts – We are still collecting receipts from Redner’s Markets. We participate in Redner’s “Sav-A-Tape” program, which donates 1% of the amount of the receipt to our Youth Group program. You need to use your Redner’s Rewards Card to generate the “Sav-A-Tape” notation on your receipt, which must be on the receipt for us to receive the donation. Bring in your receipts and place in the labeled mailbox on the wall by the office. If you have any questions, you can talk to Bonnie Rhodes, our Sav-A-Tape coordinator, or the office.
Many thanks to ALL who give their tapes to OPC for the Children’s Ministries. You are appreciated! If you are going to cut off the bottom of the tapes where your rewards are shown, PLEASE BE SURE TO NOT cut off the 1% amount which appears directly under the bar code. Redner’s will not accept tapes that do not have the 1% savings showing on the tapes. THANKS again for helping out for this important ministry.
- Staying Connected – Don’t forget to let the Deacons or the office know of any address changes so that we can “Stay Connected.”
- First Friday Volunteers – If you are interested in setting up and attending to the OPC table at any First Friday event, reach out to the office or the deacons to find out more.
Jan. 6| Epiphany Service and Covered Dish Supper (5:45-8:30pm)
Jan. 15| Sr. High Youth Group (6:30-8:30pm)
Jan. 29 | Community Meal (11:30am-1:30pm)