The OPC office will be undergoing renovations beginning May 25th-June 5th and continuing throughout the summer. As a result, the office will be closed June 1-7 and will operate on adjusted hours throughout the summer months. The office will be open to in-person visitors Monday-Thursday 9am-2pm. On Fridays our staff will be working remotely and accessible via phone and email 9am-2pm. Our staff will have the church phones rerouting to their cell phones, so you can call the church as you normally would. We thank you for your patience as we navigate this change, and we will continue to keep you informed as to how this will impact the workflow and accessibility of the office staff as we learn more.
- Our next Community Meal will be May 28th. Anyone interested in helping with this meal should report to the kitchen that morning at 9:30am.
- Join us on First Friday June 2nd 5-8pm for a Peace Rally on the Green! All are welcome!
- June 11th is Worship in the Park! We will be meeting at Nottingham Park Pavilion #6 at 10:30am. Please bring your own chair and a dish to share!
- On June 18th the Deacons are organizing the creation of flower arrangements to take to our homebound members. Please bring cut flowers or greens from your garden or yard and drop them in Fellowship Hall. During worship, the Deacons will create beautiful arrangements for our homebound members. After worship please join us for coffee hour downstairs to create your own arrangement to give to someone to share the love of Jesus Christ! Donations of quart sized mason jars are welcome to put our arrangements in.
- Membership Development bought 20 tickets for a Blue Rocks game on June 18th. If you’re interested in going, you can sign up by the office. Tickets are $14 each.
- Coffee Hour Hosts – If you’d like to be host for coffee hour, please contact Ed Jefferis.
- Join the Choir! Rehearsals are on Wednesdays – Chancel choir rehearses at 7:30pm. Bell Choir rehearses at 6:30pm. The only thing you need to be able to join is a love of music! Anyone interested should reach out to Pete Slauch or Julie Allport.
- OPC has donated a Pop-Up Library to the Lighthouse Youth Center, built and installed by John Day. It will be used by the youth and community of that area.
- Pentecost is April 10-May 28th. The Pentecost Offering unites us in a church-wide effort to support young people and inspire them to share their faith, ideas, and unique gifts with the church and the world. OPC Pentecost Offering will be Sunday, May 28. Please give generously.
- Neighborhood Services June Food Pantry Needs include: cereals, saltines, fruit juice, mayonnaise, jelly (grape, strawberry)
- Community Meals are back! Join us the last Sunday of each month immediately following our 10:30am worship service for a time of fellowship!
Lighthouse Youth Center needs volunteers.
- Thank you to all of our 2022-2023 Sunday school teachers for a great year!
- Save the Date! August 7th – 10th is VBS! Join us as we have a Stellar time learning to Shine Jesus’ Light! Registration is coming soon!
- Our Nursery is open again! Our nursery is now open and available during the 10:30am worship service.
- Redner’s Receipts – We are still collecting receipts from Redner’s Markets. We participate in Redner’s “Sav-A-Tape” program, which donates 1% of the amount of the receipt to our Youth Group program. You need to use your Redner’s Rewards Card to generate the “Sav-A-Tape” notation on your receipt, which must be on the receipt for us to receive the donation. Bring in your receipts and place in the labeled mailbox on the wall by the office. If you have any questions, you can talk to Bonnie Rhodes, our Sav-A-Tape coordinator, or the office.
Many thanks to ALL who give their tapes to OPC for the Children’s Ministries. You are appreciated! If you are going to cut off the bottom of the tapes where your rewards are shown, PLEASE BE SURE TO NOT cut off the 1% amount which appears directly under the bar code. Redner’s will not accept tapes that do not have the 1% savings showing on the tapes. THANKS again for helping out for this important ministry.
- Staying Connected – Don’t forget to let the Deacons or the office know of any address changes so that we can “Stay Connected.”
- First Friday Volunteers – If you are interested in setting up and attending to the OPC table at any First Friday event, reach out to the office or the deacons to find out more. First Fridays will resume in the spring.
May 7 | Organ Concert and Reception (3pm)
May 7 | Jr. High Youth Group (6:30-8pm)
May 21 | Youth Sunday Service (10:30am)
May 21 | Last Day of Youth Sunday School
May 21 | Sr. High Youth Group (6:30-8pm)
May 23 | Presbytery Gathering at OPC
May 28 | Community Meal
May 29 | Office Closed for Memorial Day
June 1-7 | Office Closed for Renovation Start
June 4 | Combined Service with Shiloh (10:30am)
June 11 | Worship in the Park (10:30am)
June 18 | Blue Rocks Game (1pm)
June 18 | Making flower arrangements after service
June 25 | Community Meal